CAA Public Diplomacy Fellows to attend USC Center on Public Diplomacy’s Summer Institute
Monica Sledjeski, Angie Smith, and Shanna Surendra, the Council’s Davis Public Diplomacy Fellows for 2015-2016, will participate in the USC Center on Public Diplomacy’s Summer Institute from July 5 through July 17.
As USC notes, the Center on Public Diplomacy’s Summer Institute is an intensive two-week course designed to immerse participants in the study of public diplomacy by combining classroom instruction with collaborative, hands-on exercises.
Taught by some of the most distinguished public diplomacy scholars and practitioners, this unique program has garnered global attention and continues to attract participants from fields as diverse as traditional diplomacy, academia, foreign affairs, economics, defense and homeland security, intergovernmental organizations, and the private sector.
Participants in this year’s program represent organizations including:
- Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- A & Z Law Firm
- City of Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs
- European Commission, European Union
- Israel Defense Forces
- King Saud University
- The Korean Foundation
- Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department
- Ministry of Foreign Relations, Brazil
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Israel
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Philippines
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Tunisia
- Qatar Media Corporation
- Robert Bosch Stiftung
- U.S. Department of State
For more information, please visit http://uscpublicdiplomacy.org/story/cpd-welcomes-summer-institute-class-2015.