Council of American Ambassadors
Communications and Program Manager
The Council of American Ambassadors (CAA) is seeking a Communications and Program Manager to join our office in Washington, DC. The Council is a 200-person membership association of non-career United States Ambassadors. The Council a non-profit and nonpartisan organization.
The Communications and Program Manager’s responsibilities include social media and website management, podcast production and internal membership communication. This person also assists with the editing and production of the Council’s biannual foreign affairs journal and the planning and execution of CAA events. The position requires the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, to work as part of a small team and to think creatively.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field.
- 3-5 years work experience in communications and program management, preferably for a membership organization.
- Understanding of international relations and U.S. foreign policy.
- Social media management expertise and media relations experience.
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign, Constant Contact, and Wix.
- Create and promote content for the Council’s social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter for two handles; @CouncilofAmb and @AmerAmbassadors.
- Manage the Council’s two websites; AmericanAmbassadors.org and AmericanAmbassadorsLive.org. One provides membership and program information. The other is a platform for members’ commentary on foreign affairs.
- Produce the American Ambassadors Live! Podcast. Schedule interviews for the host, publish episodes on podcast platforms, and create promotional material to share with podcast guests.
- Coordinate the production of the Council’s foreign affairs journal, American Ambassadors Review, including soliciting articles, editing content, and coordinating with the printer.
- Maintain up-to-date membership contact information on Constant Contact and in an internal membership directory.
- Create monthly “Council Roundup” newsletter to inform members about Council programs and member activity.
- Design compelling and informative invitations for Council events.
- Set up Eventbrite pages and oversee registration and payment.
- Manage and produce virtual events.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com