The Council of American Ambassadors seeks a Communications Manager.
Information about the position follows.
Individuals who meet the qualifications, education level and experience required as listed below are encouraged to apply.
COUNCIL OF AMERICAN AMBASSADORS (CAA)
Position Description Summary
This position is primarily responsible for creating, writing and managing all communications across CAA’s online and print platforms. The individual must work well in a small office environment, manage multiple projects and be a self-starter. The position also includes some administrative support as needed, particularly in the areas of programs and membership. Press placement experience is a plus.
Reports To: CAA Executive Director
- Develop strategies and generate content for CAA’s social media presence
- Produce and promote the Council’s international affairs podcast, CAA Live!
- Coordinate all production (including author solicitation and follow-up) and distribution details for The Ambassadors REVIEW, CAA’s semi-annual journal of articles and commentary
- Solicit content and curate Ambassadors Perspectives, CAA’s online forum for commentary
- Maintain CAA’s website
- Develop online and print materials for CAA’s conferences and international missions
- Assist CAA’s Executive Director with CAA program initiatives—including conferences, roundtable discussions, fellowships and international missions—and membership outreach.
- Strong communications, writing and social media skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Responsible for meeting deadlines
- Interest in international affairs
- Experience with MS Office, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, EventBrite, WordPress, MailChimp, preferred
Education and Experience Required
- 2-3 years of communications experience
- Bachelor’s degree
Health insurance, 403(b) plan, 2 weeks paid vacation
Full-time (possibility of some telework)
$50,000 / year to start
Email cover letter (addressed to "Search Committee") and resume (as one PDF file attachment) to email@example.com
Please note “Communications Manager Position” in the email subject line
VIA US MAIL
Mail cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Search Committee
Council of American Ambassadors
888 17th Street, NW, Suite 306
Washington, DC 20006
No telephone calls, please.
Due to the high volume of requests, we regret that we are unable to respond to each candidate individually regarding the status of his/her application.